The Italian women involved
My advice for Le Mans Classic
From my experience at the 2018 Le Mans Classic, here are the tips I can give. They are personal, they will not suit the 200 000 spectators!
- Tickets The access to the paddocks if you can take it is very nice because you can observe closely the static cars.
- Parking: There is a bit of traffic jam on Saturday morning but it is very well organized and on the parking lot there are "normal" cars and sports cars, of all nationalities;
- Dress code: Le Mans Classic requires a dress code of the time. A light shirt, a polo shirt, shorts and jeans will do. Take good walking shoes because in Le Mans, people walk a lot. If the sun is shining, think of a hat or a cap.
- Drink: On site it is possible to quench your thirst: water, soda, beer ... In 2018, it had been very hot and beer was from memory at 8 €. So think to take one or more bottles of water.
- Meals : As for the drinks, it is possible to eat on the go (sandwiches) or at the table. Please plan a budget for this or bring your own sandwiches.
- Night : it's up to each one, camping nearby, hotel, airbnb. It depends on the level of comfort and the experience you are looking for. In 2018, I was able to sleep in a house at a friend's a few km from the circuit and in the middle of the night, you can hear the cars!
- Noise Remember to bring earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones. The vintage cars, even if that's why we go there, are very noisy. The start is impressive for that. But remember to protect your ears if you are sensitive to noise.
If you are interested it is still possible to buy a ticket. If you can't make it, follow the account Instagram italpassion or I'll share some stories about Le Mans Classic 2022.