Alexandre showed it to you here: the new Fiat 500E "3+1" that expands the 500 family. This is a great way to expand the commercial offer of the new Italian chip. Here are some more technical details that we're going to share with you.
First, the new Fiat 500 will be available in 3 finishes:
It should be noted, however, that the 3+1 version is not available in the Action entry level.
At the level of the motorization, there will be 2 possibilities.
Thus, theentry-level Action will have a system of an electric motor of 70kW (or 95 hp) powered by a battery with a capacity of23.8 kWh. Under these conditions, the 500E will have a 180 km range in WLTP cycle (and up to 240 km in 100% urban cycle). The 0 to 100 km/h is done in 9.5s and the speed is auto-limited to 135 km/h. Regarding recharging, Fiat announces that it only takes 10 minutes to recover 50 km on a fast terminal providing up to 50 kW. As mentioned above, however, the 3+1 version will not have this entry-level Action. Nor will the Cabrio.
Above the Action level, you will find the Passion levelThe Prima is available in 3 body styles this time: sedan, Cabrio and 3+1. It is here the engine already known by the launching edition of the Prima which will officiate, namely a 87 kW electric motor (or 118 hp) powered by a bigger battery capacity this time, since it is 42 kWhthen providing a 320 km autonomy in WLTP cycle and up to 460 km in urban cycle. The speed is limited to 150 km/h and the 0 to 100 km/h is done in 9s ( and 3.1 s for the 0 to 50 km/h). This time the recharge can be done up to 85 kW, which allows recover 80 % from the battery in 30 minutes.
Finally, the top-of-the-line Icon finish can be enjoyed with the same big engine and the same technical characteristics. Note that there will be a 4th Icon Plus finish in France.
Concerning the equipment of each finish, here are the details:
- finish Action:
- driver fatigue alert
- automatic emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- lane departure warning
- traffic sign recognition
- smartphone docking station with dedicated application and Bluetooth
- 15 inch steel wheels
- hands-free start button
- electric parking brake
- 7 inch digital meter
- halogen headlights
- manual air conditioning
It should be noted that the customer's cell phone will be used as the infotainment system once installed. No touch screen.
- Passion finish :
- In addition to Action, we will find, for 3000€ more :
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto wireless connectivity
- 7-inch central touch screen with UConnect 5 system
- DAB digital radio,
- different driving modes (Normal, Range and Sherpa)
- cruise control
- a greater autonomy (320 km instead of 185)
The different driving modes consist of 3 functions:
Normal : the power of the engine is total.
Range Driving function with a single pedal (the gas pedal) with energy recovery on deceleration until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.
Sherpa The system minimizes resources (air conditioning, heating, etc.) to concentrate energy on driving when the remaining range is low.
- finish Icon:
- In addition to Passion, we will find, for 2000€ more :
- 10.25 inch central touch screen
- voice control "Hey, Fiat!"
- Eco leather steering wheel
- automatic air conditioning
- full electric windows (does this mean that the Action and Passion finishes have manual windows? We'd like to think so!)
- 16 inch wheels
- Remote hands-free access to the vehicle
- Reversing radar
- Rain sensors
- Intelligent speed limiter
Icon Plus finish:
- In addition to Icon, for an extra 2000€ you can find :
- Automatic low beam/high beam
- 17-inch wheels
- LED headlights
- Tinted rear windows
- Central armrest
- Panoramic roof
- 50/50 split rear seat
- Induction charging
Clarification also concerning the dashboards:
- Action Black dashboard, seats made of Seaqual (from plastic recovered from the sea and recycled) with geometric patterns in herringbone (tribute to the merger with PSA ... ^^) and silver stitching.
- Passion Black dashboard and seats in Seaqual thread with geometric herringbone pattern and silver stitching or white dashboard and blue seats with geometric herringbone pattern.
- Icon The famous body-colored dashboard is back! And yes, what we thought was lost with this new generation becomes automatic here on the top-of-the-line Icon finish. Seats in Seaqual fabric possible with fine stripes. Two color options for the seats in this case: dark gray with copper details or light gray with blue and silver details. On request, a natural wood effect upholstery made of a plant material instead of leather and also used for the steering wheel.
Chic and Italian touch, the vehicle will emit up to 20 km/h a music to warn any cyclist or pedestrian. It is the melody composed by Nino Rota for the film Amarcord, symbol of the Dolce vita.
The prices now:
The prices of the Action version start at 24 500€.. The Passion starts at 27 500€, the Icon at 29 500€ and the Icon Plus at 31 500€. All this without the government bonus (and other scrapping bonuses of course), which once past the 6 000€ bonus from the State (starting January 1, 2021) for the purchase of an electric vehicle, increases the price of the 500E Action to €18,500The Passion at 21 500€, the Icon at 23 500€ and the Icon Plus at 25 500€. A price range slightly higher than the 500 thermal, still sold in parallel.
Finally, note that the Cabrio version is systematically more expensive than the 3+1 version!
The whole range Fiat 500E will be available for order in a few weeks for first deliveries before the end of the year except for the 3+1 and the entry-level Action, which will not arrive until spring 2021.