There are a lot of Italian lovers on instagram all over the world! A few days ago I came across a nugget: a German Alfist, Simon Weniger, who wanted to transform his Alfa Romeo 156 GTA into a GTAm.
The story of the project begins with the presentation of thelimited edition Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm. This last one gave ideas to Simon! This Alfist, who already has several Alfa Romeo garage (33 QV, 156 GTA, 147 GTA, Spider), wished to transform its 156 GTA into a GTAm. The idea was not to copy the Giulia GTAm but to have a unique interpretation of what could have been a 156 GTAm if it had been marketed in its time (note that, apart from a prototype exhibited at the Alfa Romeo museum, the 156 GTAm was never marketed).
The project is interesting and very well realized because it does not fall into the too much. No tuning too much, in the respect of the philosophy "Gran Turismo Allegarita modificata".
The result below:
Complete list of changes :
- 3.2L V6 engine that increases to 3.7L for a power of about 300 hp
- New engine components that have been replaced by lighter ones
- ACT Carbon Admission
- New exhaust manifold
- OZ Alleggerita 8×18 wheels
- Michelin Cup 2 tires
- Brembo 330 calipers
- Tarox C83 front and rear brake discs
- Ferodo brake pads
- Fischer braided brake lines
- Eibach anti-roll kit
- Short gearshift
- Biscione Racing aluminum anti-trip bar
- Rear and middle silencer Ragazzon
- Heigo roll bar
- Racing harness
- Seigères Recero
- Alcantara steering wheel with red stitching
- Rear seats removed
- Red extinguisher
- Bose audio system replaced by Hertz Mille Pro
- Custom GTAm logos
- Quadrifoglio and Autodelta badges
- Black led side turn signals
- Black tail lights
- AutoDS Spoiler
- Aluminium red passageway
- and many other pieces!
Article realized with the agreement of its owner!
- Photos and owner: Simon Weniger (Instagram: @le_tre_rosse)
- Photos for Alfattitude (Instagram: @alfattitude)
3 CommentsLeave a Reply
Great job, sober and well done it's very inspiring!
I like the approach of making it a little lighter and a little more powerful but without going overboard, it's the mark of a serious guy who knows where he's going.
The modifications will allow to fully exploit this excellent chassis.
It hasn't aged a bit! Refined modification! It's beautiful!
In another nugget genre, the Pandamonium presented this week by M-Sport on its YT page 😀